Raise the Jolly Roger at Cain's

Visit Carson City Saloon
Two Dollar Sundays
Follow us on Twitter
Hemingways Pittsburgh

User Reviews User Reviews:

Read the latest comments about area bars and respond to them with your own opinion.
To add new user reviews find the bar you want to review and on that bar's page click the add review button.
 

Hard Rock Cafe

  • Group: Users
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 03/02/2009
  • Last On: 04/10/2009
  • Time: 11:08 AM
  • User: 5045

By: Flounder - Mar 02 2009 @ 03:12 PM

User's Rating: 9

Great food and live music, I highly recommend this bar to drink and see bands at. We recently played at this bar and had a real good turn out. Pittsburgh fans are always supportive and nice. We will definitely be back again.

 

Replies (1 - 3)

500 tpyo free posts!
  • Group: Users
  • Posts: 600
  • Joined: 11/04/2008
  • Last On: 04/05/2012
  • Time: 10:32 PM
  • User: 4461

By: BigAsYou - Mar 03 2009 @ 10:47 AM

Reply #1 Link
flounder wrote:

Great food and live music, I highly recommend this bar to drink and see bands at. We recently played at this bar and had a real good turn out. Pittsburgh fans are always supportive and nice. We will definitely be back again.

I visited the HRC a little over a month ago when DaPhunk band was playing. I was the designated driver and was charged $3.25 for sodas. (I didn't expect them to be free but I didn't want to help pay for their mortgage either.) The beers and mixed drinks were expensive too.

I personally believe the food is mediocre at best.

The bartenders were too busy chatting amongst themselves to check on the people seated at the bar. I had to walk around to the waitress station every time just to request drinks for my party. I noticed that I was not the only person having to flag down a bartender and pull them away from their BS fest at the end of the bar. Not too impressive in my personal and humble opinion.

Would I return? Maybe by accident but probably not on purpose.

What a Wookie!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4643
  • Joined: 08/05/2000
  • Last On: 08/30/2017
  • Time: 09:21 AM
  • User: 20

By: Ironbird - Mar 03 2009 @ 12:01 PM

Reply #2 Link
BigAsYou wrote:

I visited the HRC a little over a month ago when DaPhunk band was playing. I was the designated driver and was charged $3.25 for sodas. (I didn't expect them to be free but I didn't want to help pay for their mortgage either.) The beers and mixed drinks were expensive too.

I personally believe the food is mediocre at best.

The bartenders were too busy chatting amongst themselves to check on the people seated at the bar. I had to walk around to the waitress station every time just to request drinks for my party. I noticed that I was not the only person having to flag down a bartender and pull them away from their BS fest at the end of the bar. Not too impressive in my personal and humble opinion.

Would I return? Maybe by accident but probably not on ...

Quote trimmed, click the up arrow for full text.

I've been there for diner and you're right. For the price, it is mediocre.

Now I only go there to see Bands that I know and am friends with, and that's even a stretch.
$4 bucks a bottle for yuengling is way too much, when 1/2 a mile down the road it's $2 - $2.50.
Their $3 dollar Miler Lite special isn't so special when most other places will do that for $1.50.
As for the service, it's not so bad if you're at a table depending on the waitress.
If you're at the bar forget about it unless you plop down a $20 dollar tip when paying for your 1st over priced drink. I'm sorry but isn't a tip supposed to be for good, or great, service that has been provided? I shouldn't have to hand a bartender at $20 to ensure that she/he pays attention to when I need another drink, and that is the way that some of these places now a days makes you feel. Hell, some of the "Service industry people" that have posted on here have even posted remarks stating "if you want to ensure good service, hand the bartender/waitress a $20 tip on your 1st order!". That should never be the case.. ::F^)::

500 tpyo free posts!
  • Group: Users
  • Posts: 600
  • Joined: 11/04/2008
  • Last On: 04/05/2012
  • Time: 10:32 PM
  • User: 4461

By: BigAsYou - Mar 03 2009 @ 01:09 PM

Reply #3 Link
Ironbird wrote:

I've been there for diner and you're right. For the price, it is mediocre.

Now I only go there to see Bands that I know and am friends with, and that's even a stretch. $4 bucks a bottle for yuengling is way too much, when 1/2 a mile down the road it's $2 - $2.50. Their $3 dollar Miler Lite special isn't so special when most other places will do that for $1.50. As for the service, it's not so bad if you're at a table depending on the waitress. If you're at the bar forget about it unless you plop down a $20 dollar tip when paying for your 1st over priced drink. I'm sorry but isn't a tip supposed to be for good, or great, service that has been provided? I shouldn't have to hand a bartender at $20 to ensure that she/he pays attention to when I need another drink, and that is the ...

Quote trimmed, click the up arrow for full text.

I agree Steve. It seems that so many people now days feel "entitled" or "deserving" of a monster tip just because they showed up for work. That's just wrong! To top that off, if the wait staff all but ignores me, or I continually have to ask for items...watch out...I'm liable to pay the tab and walk without leaving a tip. (That is a rarity for me by the way)

On the flip side: I do leave outrageously huge and disgusting tips for superior service.

Case in point:

I travel about 4 to 5 months out of the year for business. During this time I always try and stop in to Mom and Pop establishments for lunch or dinner. When I am on the road I always remember that I'm on the company's per diem as well.

Sometimes my bill only comes to $12 or $14 bucks but I've been known to leave twice that for top notch service. I recall a BBQ place in Dothan, Alabama a few years back where the lady about dropped her dentures when she say the tip I left her for my $10 dinner... But, she was about the sweetest woman ever and bent over backwards to make me feel at home, plus the food was over the top delicious and the portions were enough for a family of five.

Now those are the people that deserve much more than they probably ever receive.

 
Local Events
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
Visit Carson City Saloon Two Dollar Sundays Follow us on Twitter Hemingways Pittsburgh